Length: 01:59:16 (128 slides)
Play Course Preview
- This course can be customized to your needs.
- Site licensing is available.
This medical laser safety awareness course has been developed for those who are new to medical lasers. At the end of the course, you will understand basic laser science and be able to identify the components of commonly used medical lasers and their delivery systems. You will also be able to identify the hazards associated with their use and what control measures are needed to ensure safe practices. Finally, you will understand how to apply national standards and guidelines to facility safety programs.
- Module 1: Science and Systems - How Laser Light is Generated
- Properties of Laser Light and How it Affects Tissue
- Types of Lasers and Delivery Systems used in Medicine and Surgery
- Module 2: Administrative Controls
- What Administrative Controls, National Standards, and Regulations Govern Laser Safety in Healthcare
- Role of the LSO
- Compliance and Quality Assurance Measures
- Module 3: Safety and Procedural Controls
- Risk Assessment and How to Develop Procedural Controls
- What are Procedural Controls
- Staff Responsibilities for Assuring Safe Practice
- Discuss basic laser science as the foundation for risk assessment
- Identify the components of commonly used medical lasers and their delivery systems
- Determine the hazards associated with medical laser systems, and what control measures are needed to ensure safe practice.
- Understand how to apply national standards and guidelines to facility safety programs.
Course Enrollment Terms and Conditions:
Once payment is received, the purchaser will receive an email with a link that says, "PLAY COURSE". The course is activated by clicking on this link and confirmation is sent to RLI along with the name of the student. The student will then have 7 days to view and complete the training course and exam, if desired.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, the student must pass the quiz at the end of the course. If you do not wish to take the quiz, please let us know upon purchase. Only one certificate will be provided for each course seat purchased.
When the course is purchased after normal business hours, an email notification will be sent the following business day.