Basic Veterinary Laser Safety
Note: Students will receive an email with login instructions within 1-2 business days after the order is processed.
Course PreviewPlay Course Preview
Length: 53 Minutes (55 slides)
This program has been approved for .50 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. RACE Program Number: 1624-42733.
This course will introduce you to the properties of laser light along with the discussion of beam hazards and associated safety control measures.
- Properties of Laser Light
- Beam and Nonbeam Hazards
- Safety Control Measures
- Discuss basic laser science as the foundation for a laser safety program.
- Determine the eye and skin beam hazards associated with medical laser systems and their safety controls.
- Discuss proper selection of and care for laser safety eyewear.
- Discuss electrical hazards associated with laser use.
- Understand how Laser Generated Airborne Contaminants (LGAC) are controlled during laser surgery.
- Identify the safety protocols required to prevent surgical fires during laser use.
- Describe the significance of the ANSI Z136.3 standard to all clinical environments utilizing laser devices.