IEC/TR 60825-14 Ed. 2.0 en:2022 "Safety Of Laser Products - Part 14: A User's Guide" (Paper)
IEC TR 60825-14:2022 This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- incorporates changes made in IEC 60825-1:2014;
- adds information to users of laser equipment on administrative controls to ensure safety in the workplace, including the training and appointment of people to specific laser safety management roles;
- updates an approach to risk assessment;
- includes updated guidance on the management of incidents and accidents;
- includes updated guidance on medical surveillance for laser workers;
- includes revised examples of calculations.
This document is intended to help laser users and their employers to understand the general principles of safety management, to identify the hazards that can be present, to assess the risks of harm that can arise, and to set up and maintain appropriate control measures. Although the guidance given in this document is aimed principally at organizations (whether private, corporate or public), where systems of safety management would be expected to be in place, it can be applied by anyone using lasers.
Laser control measures vary widely. They depend on the type of laser equipment in use, the task or process being performed, the environment in which the equipment is used and the personnel who are at risk of harm. Specific requirements for certain laser applications are given in other documents in the IEC 60825 series.