IEC TR 60825-14 Ed. 2.0 2022-03 "Safety of Laser Products - Part 14: A User's Guide" (Electronic Version)
ST-IEC 60825-14 2022 ELECTRONIC COPY
IEC TR 60825-14 Ed. 2.0 2022-03 “Safety of Laser Products - Part 14: A User's Guide”, cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2004.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Incorporates changes made in IEC 60825-1:2014;
- Adds information to users of laser equipment on administrative controls to ensure safety in the workplace, including the training and appointment of people to specific laser safety management roles;
- Updates an approach to risk assessment;
- Includes updated guidance on the management of incidents and accidents;
- Includes updated guidance on medical surveillance for laser workers;
- Includes revised examples of calculations.
This document is intended to help laser users and their employers to understand the general principles of safety management, to identify the hazards that can be present, to assess the risks of harm that can arise, and to set up and maintain appropriate control measures. Although the guidance given in this document is aimed principally at organizations (whether private, corporate or public), where systems of safety management would be expected to be in place, it can be applied by anyone using lasers.