ANSI Z136.3-2011 "Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care"
ST- ANSI Z136.3/2011
The ANSI Z136.3-2011 Standard, For Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care provides guidance for the safe use of lasers for medicine, diagnostic, cosmetic, preventative and therapeutic applications in any location where bodily structure or function is altered or symptoms are relieved.
Changes from the previous version include:
- New Management Model with Expansion Of LSO / DLSO / LSSC Roles
- Expansion of section on Private Practice (Non-Hospital Environment)
- Addresses 3rd Party Services (Rentals, Borrowed lasers, demos)
- New Training Requirements / Intervals for Refresher training
- Clarification / Expansion Of Audit Requirements
- Refers To CSA 305.13-09 â€“ Plume Evacuation
- Improved Terminology - Definitions
- Eliminates Routine Medical Surveillance
- Inclusion Of Veterinary Medicine in Normative Section
- Update Of Appendices
The new ANSI document brings forth additional standards of practice involving re-training of the LSO and staff, medical surveillance after an injury, and new laser generated airborne contaminants (laser plume) safety controls.